Re: Samba alternative

SMB is, indeed, a little hack-ish for an all-*ix network. NFS is probably
sufficient for a small network like the one you're talking about, although
there are enough security things to think about that if you're not behind
some kind of firewall you might want to think about limiting to NFS over
TCP or something like that. AFS/Coda are very nice, but kind of overkill
if you're only sharing locally.

ap

Andrew J Perrin - andrew_perrin@unc.edu - http://www.unc.edu/~aperrin
      269 Hamilton Hall, CB#3210, Chapel Hill, NC 27599-3210 USA