Re: Debian limits on file system sizes and etc..question

On Sat, Apr 13, 2002 at 11:49:39PM -0400, Wayne Ringling wrote:
>  #1 Will Debian (current) create a xfs partition of 1.1TB on a 3ware 7850
> controller?

It will have no problem with the size of the filesystem.  I don't know
anything about the 3ware controller, but if it's supported by Linux at
all then it will be fine in Debian.

>  #2 Will Debian (current) be able to access all of my 2G memory?

Yes.

>  #3 Will Debian (current) be able to run SMP with the above?

Yes.

You'll need to run woody (Debian 3.0), since you'll need version 2.4 of
Linux.  Woody's still in beta testing, but is getting close to release.
A lot of people here have been running it for quite some time with no
trouble.  You'll certainly want to rebuild your kernel to optimize it
for your hardware.  The xfs patches are included with Debian in the
kernel-patch-xfs package.

Enjoy.

noah