Dummy Packages

Can someone point me to a dock that will help me
create a dummy package? I want to install velocity as
a deb, but it requires libxalan2-java which is
available. However, libxalan2-java depends on
java2-runtime which is not, but I do have a Java2
environment installed. BTW, this is on a machine
running sid. So what I'm after is a dummy
java2-runtime package which points to my local java2 install.

=====
rascharles@yahoo.com
Hacking is a "Good Thing!"
See http://www.tuxedo.org/~esr/faqs/hacker-howto.html