net-only installation

Hi,

in the Sparc port of Debian, there is an image to be placed on a tftp server
ad to be loaded by the machine on which Debian is to be installed via bootp
and tftp.

Works fine, I've done it multiple times.

I wonder if an installation can be performed in a similar way on an i386 PC.
Unfortunately there is no such image in the disks-i386 directory, but I suppose
if I would know how the tftp boot-and-installation image is built for Sparc
I could help myself ... well ... may be I need to come back here to ask more
questions.

Could someone tell me how this image for Sparc is built or if someone has done
it already with a PC?

Many thanks,
Wolfgang