Re: scripting

also sprach Craig Duncan <duncan@nycap.rr.com> [2002.04.15.0510 +0200]:
> I can't let calling perl the ultimate scripting language pass without
> comment.  In fact, imo, both python and ruby are better (although if
> you really need an enormous library of stuff like CPAN, then perl does
> beat out the others there).  But if you don't need that mass of
> thousands of support modules for virtually anything you might want to
> do (without having to code it yourself) then you might want to check
> out ruby, a very neat scripting language, and maybe a better starting
> point for a beginner to learn some more "advanced" stuff, like
> object-oriented programming... which is a syntactic headache in perl.

granted. not the last part, because i like OO in perl, but it's not the
*ultimate* scripting language. after all, everybody has his/her own
favourite. i am unacquainted with both, python and ruby, and i simply
love perl, that's why i posted. i wasn't meaning to start the war ;)

no micro$oft components were used
in the creation or posting of this email.
therefore, it is 100% virus free
and does not use html by default (yuck!).