Re: Installing packages from unstable version

On Sun, Apr 14, 2002 at 14:25:54 -0700, Eric G. Miller wrote:
> Leave off the hyphenated version number which is not part of the
> "proper" package name.
>
> $ apt-get install libgtk2.0

It doesn't work.

I've now modified the sources.list as I've been told (I've *added*
unstable versions of the lines). But now, "apt-get -s upgrade"
shows upgrades to unstable packages. I still want the "testing"
distribution (except the above package, which doesn't exist in
this distribution). I don't understand, because this is the
distribution I chose during the first Debian installation.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@vinc17.org> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International