(samba) nmbd local address used for broadcast messages

Hello,

I've got a machine in a (fairly typical) NAT gateway role for a small
home LAN. I recently set it up as a samba PDC to allow home directory
sharing for the windows machines.

I often see in my firewall logs that packets sent to the broadcast
address of my (RFC1918) lan but with the originating address of the
external interface of the gateway. In short:

gateway:
eth0: 65.x
eth1: 192.168.2.1

And udp packets with spt==dpt==138 are being rejected since iptables
only allows incoming traffic from 192.168.2.0/29 . My guess (and fear)
is that nmbd just uses eth0 to send the packets, and that I won't be
able to change this behavior without swapping the cables. I'd not like
to do that because then I'd have to be careful about anywhere on the box
where I might have had a less-than-paranoid setting for something coming
in on eth1.

And finally, the question: Anyone know of a way to make nmbd use the
correct source address for its broadcast messages?

good times,
Vineet

--
Currently seeking opportunities in the SF Bay Area
Please see http://www.doorstop.net/resume.shtml