Re: OT: Linux on Walmart's systemless computers

>Actually, all Intel chips are manufactured up the street from where I
>live.  Most Intel engineers are Oregonian.  As far as companies,
>especially tech companies, go, you just don't get more Oregonian than
>Intel.

I am sure that intel chips are designed here, not far from the Burlingame
district of Portland where I live, but when I go to the local computer parts
store and buy a chip, it says made in Mexico, Malaysia, etc.

>Nike pays the highest wages of any apparel company anywhere in the world
>and has multiple watchdog groups that all agree that Nike hasn't been
>using sweatshops since it was brought to thier attention that a
>subcontractor was using them in the early 1990s.  Nike's act is clean,
>please do your research.

Just be aware that the tennies that cost you $100+ were manufactured for
.25 by a person who earns $2 a day.  Sweatshop is a matter of definition,
of course.

Business' act is clean, just ask Pres Bush who insists on sound science and
has just terminated federal scholarships for environmental study, the morning
NY times tells me.

Conservatives would be funny, if they weren't so tragic.

Gleason