X 4.1.0 (woody) stuck in 640x480

I downloaded Woody using a net-inst disk with the
bf2.4 kernel, and I've downloaded and compiled the
NVIDIA drivers from www.nvidia.com for my Geforce 3. X
seems to work alright, but it starts off in 640x480
resolution and I can't switch using CTRL+ALT++ or
CTRL+ALT+-. When I installed, I inadvertently told
debconf not to manage my XF86Config-4 file (another
note: I'm using XFree86 4.1.0). I ran xf86config or
something like that (the utility that starts X real
basically for configuration) and made some changes to
that config because I think it was geared more towards
X 3 and it didn't set up my resolutions or default
depth... I'll attach my XF86Config-4 file so somebody
can point out an error I've overlooked (I can't find
anything wrong).

On another note, my mouse pointer frequently and
erratically moves around, usually to the bottom left
corner of the screen. When it does this, it also
thinks i've pressed some button (i think button 3) and
this usually results in hiding and moving my panel at
the same time in KDE and Gnome, or accidentally moving
my pagers in E. This is not WM-specific.