equating groups

Is there some way to make all members of one group members of another?

In detail, my situation is this. I have a large number of users in an LDAP database, all with primary gid=users. I would like to give them access to floppy drives. One way is
  useradd username floppy
for every username -- not very scalable. Another way is
  chgrp users filename
for every filename which now belongs to the group floppy -- again not very scalable. So what I would like to do is set, in a revokable fashion, floppy=users.