Re: Linux on Walmart's systemless computers

On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Osamu Aoki wrote:

> True to some extent but you are using dangerous words.  "local economy"
> is crap since Intel export most of low value-added activities to the
> outside-US and hires border-less for skill.  I bet their security guards
> are local but many seem to understand Spanish for some reason.

Yeah, the guards work for the same company I do.  Most of the engineers
are local as well, they got rid of a lot of thier H1Bs recently and
dropped Hillsboro's unemployment below 20% for the first time this year
(it'll continue to drop, we're hoping for 12% as farm activity increases
for the summer again, but we're not optimistic about the economy to come
back until after the 2004 election).

> Viva America !  Viva Capitalism !  (Not seriously)

Eh, I'll go for equally politically incorrect, though I am serious...

--
Baloo
Oregonian, not American.