Re: freeswan on testing/2.4.18 kernel

On Fri, Apr 12, 2002 at 06:40:22PM +1000, Brendan J Simon wrote:
> The two mahcines have an IP address of 192.168.51 and 192.168.0.52.  My
> /etc/ipsec.conf looks like this (see end of message).  I've tried with
> and without the leftsubnet and rightsubnet settings but I can't seem to
> get a netmask of 255.255.255.255 in the route tables.

Try telling Freeswan to use transport mode instead of the default tunnel
mode for ESP encapsulation.  Add 'type=transport' to the conn section
for this link.  Don't add any subnet or nexthop lines.

Let me know if this doesn't help you.  I've had no problems setting up
IPsec on local subnets, and can probably find something else helpful for
you if you still need it.

noah