Re: mail rules

ben, 2002-Apr-12 00:19 -0700:

> >    6. on reply, add your text at the bottom of the message body
> >       after removing content you are not responding too
> >
> > or is this too much?
>
> the idea is right, and i do understand what you mean, but how do we phrase
> that so that everyone gets the message? how about ' respond after the source?'
>
> or 'quote precedent ahead of response.' i can't come up with the appropriate
> solution, here. how do we describe that?

Yeah, i struggled with my original words.  How about borrowing
from rfc 1855:

"Be brief without being overly terse.  When replying to a message,
include enough original material to be understood but no more. It
is extremely bad form to simply reply to a message by including
all the previous message: edit out all the irrelevant material."

jc

--
Jeff Coppock		Systems Engineer
Diggin' Debian		Admin and User