Re: Woody???

On Fri, 2002-04-12 at 01:06, Shyamal Prasad wrote:
>     "Mattias" == Mattias Berg <skitarne@hotmail.com> writes:
>
>     Mattias> I'l need to dist-upgrade to woody due
>     Mattias> kernelchange.. didn't work.. totally fuck'd up my
>     Mattias> server... Try'd to reinstall debian and try with
>     Mattias> unstable... didn't work.. totally fuck'd up my server...
>

>     Mattias> What the hell are you doing over there? Debian used to be
>     Mattias> a stable and trustable distribution (95% even with
>     Mattias> unstable dist-upgrade) for just about a year ago..
>
> You upgraded from 'stable' to 'testing' and got fried. Sorry. Too
> bad. You get what you paid for :-( You should be writing bug reports,
> not cursing.....I have sympathy for your situation, but you have not
> provided one useful bit of information.

I have to agree, the community does it's best to make Debian as stable
as possible, but there is no guarantee. Although perhaps your boss is a
little mean to fire you.

> I've upgraded from potato to woody at least three machines in the last
> 12 months, none have failed. The last one was near perfect.

My experience is even better, I've upgraded several computers, including
one server, from potato to woody or sid without a single problem! Could
it be that your installation was broken before the upgrade?

Tom Playford