Re: Sources from Sid & Binaries from Woody

Hi!

Thanks for your quick reply!

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, David Z Maze wrote:

> [...]
> Sure, if you're willing to accept that 'apt-get install' and 'apt-get
> source' will get you different versions of things.  (And it sounds
> like that's your intent.)

What I would like to do is install the more stable things from Woody and
on the other hand want access to newer stuff as well. I thought that using
"apt-get source" and compiling the stuff myself will make it possible to
integrate these packages cleanly in a running Woody-based system.

The main thing I'm worrying about that the dependencies between the source
packages from Sid are different to those of Woody and that apt-getting a
single source package might lead to a recompile of half of the distro. Is
this a real danger or am I exaggerating?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Kind regards,

	Holger