Re: mail rules (WAS Re: The latest round of antivirus bouncebacks)

On Thu, 11 Apr 2002, ben wrote:

>    4. reply to the list only, unless specifically requested to cc:
>
> this has as much to do with conserving bandwidth as does eliminating html,
> etc. i read the list. i don't need duplicates. let those who do request them.

This is easy enough to procmail out.  If it's that major of a problem,
don't be afraid to let the listmaster stomp the reply-to header with
something favoring the list, which is the only luser-resistant way of
handling that (yes, I realise many MUAs handle lists in a superior
manner, however this is not common).

--
Baloo