mounting a RAID array

Hi, I recently installed a RAID controller on a pc and set up within
the controller's BIOS an array out of two disks using RAID level 1.
This all went well.  Then I booted the system.  The system sees the
two drives I RAID'd as individual IDE drives.  I'm completely new to
RAID and am having problems find documentation to answer my questions.
How do I mount the array (vs. either of the individual drives)?  Sorry,
this is a general linux question more than a Debian question but if
anyone has a quick answer for me, I'd appreciate it.  Thanks.

--
Paul Yeatman          (858) 534-9896           pyeatman@ucsd.edu