Re: 100dpi vs 75dpi

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 14:23, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Now, changing screen sizes (Ctrl-Alt-+) my fonts do change relative to
> the screen size.
>
> I tried with other applications, too, such as gedit, mozilla, kedit.
> Removing DisplaySize seems to have no effect, either.  Passing various
> -dpi settings to X doesn't seem to do anything either.

X does not adjust the resolution when you use Ctrl Alt +/- to change the
number of pixels on the screen.  You would need to change XF86Config-4
and restart the server for changes to take effect.

You can demonstrate to yourself using 'xdpyinfo | grep resolution'.  The
value will be the same before and after the switch.

In the next release, the server will be able to adjust resolution via
XRandR, a very cool extension that allows you to change the screen
resolution or rotate your monitor without restarting the X server.

-jwb