gnuPG keys

Someone brought to my attention here, thanks, that searching on my key
ID number does not get any results from a key server. I have verified
this on:
http://wwwkeys.us.pgp.net/pgpnet
http://www.keyserver.net/en/

If I search on my name Greg C. Madden I get results. It appears that
Evolution ( I am using evolution) uses the ID number to verify the
signature, which fails, and I get the broken lock icon. I don't know how
evolution determines the validity, does it query a name server for each
signed email ?

Any comments appreciated.
--
Greg C. Madden