Re: kernel recompile takes the "work" out of "network"

> you sure about that?  My install of woody came with dhclient and in fact
> IIRC the install itself uses dhclient.

I'd bet money on it (not a lot though).  It's true that the install uses
dhclient, but after several debian installs, the only dhcp client that Debian
has ever installed for me has been pump.  I usually pick the 'dumb guy' install
options though (I don't have time to consider each individual package), so that
might have something to do with it.

> "God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
> rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
> mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."

True dat. God... the OG.

Stephen W. Juranich                             sjuranic@ee.washington.edu
Electrical Engineering             http://students.washington.edu/sjuranic
University of Washington                http://ssli.ee.washington.edu/ssli

 \ /  ASCII RIBBON CAMPAIGN   ||  NO ATTACHMENTS
  X   AGAINST HTML MAIL       ||  NO STATIONERY
 / \  AND POSTINGS            ||  NO GRAPHICS