Re: How to *not* restore screen after viewing man pages in X

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 03:48:43AM -0500, Colin Watson wrote:
| On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 01:33:57AM -0700, Florentin Ionescu wrote:
| > This might help if you use vim -
| > alias viman="man --pager=\"col -b | vim -R -T linux -c 'set ft=man nomod  nolist' -c 'sy on' -\""
|
| Wow, nice hack. There's also the :Man command in vim 6, which you might
| like.

Neat.  I didn't know about that one.  In light of that :

function man()
{
    vim -c "set nolist" -c ":Man $@"
}

(with 'runtime ftplugin/man.vim' in .vimrc)

-D

--

Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair
and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes.  Instead, it should be