Re: VIA AC97 Audio Controller

On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 11:51:07AM +0200, Ionel Mugurel Ciobica wrote:

> Did someone configured succesfully this sound card (on board) with
> Debian:

Yes, had more trouble in Windows2000 than in Debian myself :)

> Multimedia audio controller: VIA Technologies, Inc. AC97 Audio
> Controller (rev 10)

I recompiled my kernel. I have 2.4.16 on here (yes it's old). Make sure
you have "CONFIG_SOUND_VIA82CXXX=m" set in you .config file when you
recompile the kernel.

I'm not sure that recompiling your kernel is strictly necessary.

> (as mentioned by lspci command).

Then a simple

modprobe via82cxxx_audio

works.

Put that line in /etc/modules to get it done automatically at bootup.

Make sure the users that's going to use the soundcard is in the audio
group.

--
Danie Roux *shuffle* Adore Unix