RE: TapeWare on Debian

I've used tapeware b4-- they have free support; call and you get to
speak to a real person.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joshua Penix [mailto:jpenix@nerd-out.com]
Sent: Monday, April 08, 2002 3:12 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: TapeWare on Debian

Anyone running TapeWare v6.3 (http://www.tapeware.com) on Debian Woody?
I'm having trouble getting the Qt-based GUI admin to work on my system.

I did the standard TapeWare Linux install, which went just fine, and the
daemon is running. The ncurses-based admin program also works fine.

However, when I run 'twxadmin' (the GUI-based amin), I first get an
error saying it can't open libstdc++-libc6.1-1.so.2. I searched Debian
packages, and found that file in a package named
"libstdc++2.9-glibc2.1".

After installing that package, I re-run twxadmin, and now I get an error
asking for "libstdc++.so.2.8". Searching on that library unfortunately
turns up nothing. However, my system has a "libstdc++.so.3", so I
symlinked my .3 to .2.8, which seems to have satisfied that dependency.

But now when I run 'twxadmin,' I get "/usr/local/tapeware/twxadmin.bin:
relocation error: ./libqt.so: undefined symbol: __eh_pc"

That refers to the version of libqt.so that's provided in the
/usr/local/tapeware directory, and I have no idea how to troubleshoot
this problem.

Anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,
--Josh