Woody: Apache SSL not starting

Hi!

I installed the apache-ssl package from Woody. When I try to start it
using "/etc/init.d/apache-ssl start" I get the following messages leading
to the impression that apache-ssl was started correctly:

Starting web server: apache-sslReading key for server
prag.datech2.er.heitec.net:443
Launching... /usr/lib/apache-ssl/gcache
pid=4070
.

When I do a "psauxwww | grep 4070 | grep -v grep" I don't see this PID, so
it was obviously not started. Looking in "/var/log/apache-ssl/error.log" I
found these lines:

[Tue Apr  9 10:15:51 2002] /usr/lib/apache-ssl/gcache started
[Tue Apr  9 10:15:52 2002] [crit] (98)Address already in
use: make_sock: could not bind to port 443

So I did a "netstat -avi | grep 443" but that yielded nothing. So there is
no program that opened a socket on port 443 as the apache-ssl logs
suggest.

What could have caused this error that obviously prevents apache-ssl from
starting correctly?

By the way, the "normal" apache (without SSL support) starts up without
any problems. Do I need to start both of them (apache and apache-ssl) for
a working Apache SSL config?

Thanks in advance for any info!

Greetings,

	Holger