Re: keyboard friendly browser (was alternative to Netscap)

On Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 12:16:36PM -0400, Shawn McMahon wrote:
> begin  quoting what Joe Heuring said on Mon, Apr 08, 2002 at 08:11:19AM -0700:
> >
> > would really like to see a lynx gui type browser.  I don't want to see big
> > mousy click forwards backwards, favorites type buttons sucking up real estate on
> > my web pages.  Something like 'lynx_gui -vikeys'  Is there any such
>
> So click on the "view" menu and turn those menus off.

True, and now that I have a good size monitor I don't even mind them
being there so much.  What I was really getting at though, and I guess
it's more than the browser and would also include the Xmanager, is a
keyboard (for me VI) way of doing all things. Starting with the browser
just an equivalent of 'lynx -vikeys' would be great. In an Xmanager I
wonder what it would take to hit a certain key(s) and then what ever is
on your screen would be in a VI, or editor of choice buffer. Weather
your in a browser or say Staroffice, you hit your key, now what is on
your screen is really in a VI buffer, grab desired
text, keyboard into another window   ....  well I know I have no business
thinking of stuff so far ahead of my level, but at least a browser where
you do *not* need the mouse or ever have to hit the arrow keys would be
great, and I do wonder what it would take be able at any time in any
application have what is on your screen suddenly be in a VI buffer.
Something like Screen but even more so.  More apart of the shell or
Xmanager.

But a browser is a start.  <thankyou for letting me share>