Re: make install nvidia drivers

Il lun, 2002-04-08 alle 23:12, August Logan Bear Jr. ha scritto:
> I followed the instructions in the README file in
> /usr/share/docs/nvidia-kernel-src...  I downloaded the kernel source,
> decompressed it, copied the configuration file in /boot to the kernel
> source directory, decompressed the nvidia-kernel-src file, moved to the
> kernel source directory and executed 'make-kpkg modules_image'.  After
> waiting a while (from watching it, it doesn't compile a new kernel, just
> the modules (and actually only the nvidia modules), I moved to the
> /usr/src directory and dpkg'd the new nvidia-kernel deb.

just tried following your instructions.
from /boot dir copied file config-2.4.18-k7 to kernel src dir.
running
make-kpkg modules_image
returns:

cervellone:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18# make-kpkg modules_image
test -f stamp-debian || /usr/bin/make -f /usr/share/kernel-package/rules
debian
test -f .config      || /usr/bin/make -f /usr/share/kernel-package/rules
.configtest ! -f stamp-configure \
  && /usr/bin/make    \
                                 ARCH=i386 oldconfig \
          && /usr/bin/make    \
                                 ARCH=i386  dep \
          && /usr/bin/make    \
                                 ARCH=i386 clean && \
              touch stamp-configure
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.4.18'
rm -f include/asm
( cd include ; ln -sf asm-i386 asm)
/bin/sh scripts/Configure -d arch/i386/config.in
#
# Using defaults found in .config
#
*
* Code maturity level options
*
Prompt for development and/or incomplete code/drivers
(CONFIG_EXPERIMENTAL) [Y/n/?]
*
* Loadable module support
*
Enable loadable module support (CONFIG_MODULES) [Y/n/?]
  Set version information on all module symbols (CONFIG_MODVERSIONS)
[Y/n/?]
  Kernel module loader (CONFIG_KMOD) [N/y/?] (NEW)

It asks me a billion questions and it looks like it isn't using config
file. Am I configuring the kernel?