Re: make install nvidia drivers

On Mon, 08 Apr 2002 21:53:48 +0000, Ben Farrell wrote:
>you might need to compile a kernel with agp support, try running the
>following:
>
>modprobe -v NVdriver

I will try. I thought modprobe was used to load a module but what I
see running depmod NVdriver is that the module cannot be loaded
because it has unmet dependecies.

>which should tell you what smybols running, but the output can be a
>bit
>cyrptic.
>
>I've got the Nvidia drivers (version 2880)

me too

working fine with a
>geforce GO
>using the source tar.gz's from nvidia.com.
>
>I am using kernel (2.4.7), with /usr/src/linux sym-linked to
>/usr/src/linux-2.4.7

I'm using kernel 2.4.18-386 with /usr/src/liunx containing 2.4.18 src
(common to every 2.4.18 version) and /usr/include/linux and asm
symlinked to /usr/src/kernel-headers-2.4.18-386/include/linux and asm
(matching my running kernel headers).

--
Leonardo Canducci, lcanducci@libero.it on 08/04/2002