Making a minimal Woody install CD

What would I need to do to make a minimal install CD for Woody.

What I would like to do is have the kernel, ramdisk, drivers and base on the CD, then be able to boot off the CD, prepare my filesystems, install the base, but then do the rest of the installation over the network.

This would be helpful for people like me who have internet connections too slow to download an ISO. If I only download the packages I need, it takes a lot less time than downloading a CD image. But it would also mean I could do an installation wherever I happen to be, without hauling around any floppies (I usually bring a binder of CD's with me when I travel).

It seems to me everything I would need is available from the debian website, but I would need to configure a bootable CD somehow.

It seems to me I could write a shell script that would pull all the necessary files down and burn a CD out of it. Then I could post the script on my website, and I expect others would find it useful.

Mike