Re: Am I running an open relay?

On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:31:18PM -0600, Gary Turner wrote:
| On Sat, 06 Apr 2002 08:38:04 -0600, dman wrote:
|
| >On Sat, Apr 06, 2002 at 02:58:00PM +0100, Patrick Kirk wrote:
| <snip>
| >|
| >| DSBL LISTME: smtp
| >| 6839cgD6QvH1tqiQODyEuQGHn9TFZAdi
| >| MAIL FROM:<nobody@[217.35.40.123]>
| >| RCPT TO:<listme%dsbl.org@[217.35.40.123]>
| >| DSBL END
| >
| >Where did this come from!?  Last I saw there was no way to get a
| >cookie (that second line with "junk" characters") and there is no
| >contact information at dsbl.org.  I made a script to make formmail
| >sites list themselves, but I need a way to get a cookie for it to
| >work.  Right now I can't even find any DNS information for dsbl.org,
| >so I can't check their web site.
|
| dman, I'm sure I must have misunderstood you,

I don't think you did.

| but here is main page and attd is contact stuff.

Thanks.  I've just learned two things :-)
    1)  DNS here isn't quite right -- I get nothing but some NS
        records when I lookup dsbl.org.  When I tried sshing to my
        school's network, I got the right data.  I just added their
        nameserver as an additional forwarder, so I should be ok for
        now.

    2)  DSBL has changed the opening page :-).  Now there's a mailling
        list and contact info.  There wasn't last time I looked
        (shortly after its incarnation).  Also they now have a program
        listed on the "programs" page.

-D

--

There are six things the Lord hates,