Re: X Forwarding via SSH

hi ya

assuming a bash shell...

westek[westk]:/home/westk> export  DISPLAY=0.0
westek[westk]:/home/westk> gqview &
	#
	# should work locally on the machine called westek
	#

if you are sitting on a machine called foo and ssh into westek

foo:/home/westk> xhost +westek

westek[westk]:/home/westk> export  DISPLAY=foo:0.0
westek[westk]:/home/westk> gqview &
	#
	# should disply on the machine foo
	#
#
# when done...
foo:/home/westk> xhost -westek

#
# to go from westek to foo
#
westek[westk]:/home/westk> ssh -X -l westk foo

c ya
alvin

-- whether you wanna do this or not is a separate issue
	- slow displays
	- dont forget to use ssh forwarding...
	- other issues ??