Re: Is Mozilla mail brian dead?

Patrick Kirk wrote:

Hi all,

<rant> I tried Mozilla today.  Perhaps I missed something very obvious
but there's nowhere to enter your password when you set up a mail
account.  When you fire it it up it sits there giving silly
"Connection refused" messages.

Obviously it _must_ work and no doubt that under some obscure menu
there's a "Hide your email passwords here and even you will never find
them" option.  But it makes you wonder what has been going on for the
past 4 years when the email client still hasn't got basic human
interface right.  </rant>

OK.  Now that's off my chest could someone please tell me how to tell
Mozilla mail that my mail server asks for a password and is there a
way for it to store that password?

Thanks.

Patrick

I use Mozilla Mail almost exclusively. It occasionally crashes (especially when trying to do anything with the Address Book, which has some serious issues), but other than that I like it rather well.

I believe you'll find password management to be under Tasks/Privacy and Security/Password Manager.

I don't believe that's what your problem is however. It sounds like perhaps you have a network problem or a typo in the mail server's address, etc.

Are you using IMAP or POP?

You might delete the account and then recreate it. If there's a typo somewhere that you just "can't see", that should take care of it.

Kent