Re: USB Mass Storage in 2.4.18-686

begin  john  quotation:

> Its odd because the Mandrake 2.4.18 works with this reader. My next
> step is to compile pristine kernel.org 2.4.18 source to see I can
> make that work. I'm curious to find where the fault is.

I should have specified that I use kernel.org tarballs, not Debian's
kernel-source packages. So this has already been tried with pristine
kernel.org 2.4.18 source. However, it would certainly be interesting
if you can get it to work.

Also perhaps worth noting is that I always use the "alternate" UHCI
driver (CONFIG_USB_UHCI_ALT); I did not try the other one.

Craig