Re: xemacs on debian = horked

    "David" == David Wright <ichbin@shadlen.org> writes:

    David> Xemacs (xemacs21-21.4.6-7) on Debian appears to be
    David> completely horked.  There are tons of bug reports going
    David> back over 2-1/2 years, many without so much as an initial
    David> reply from the maintainer. Many appear to cover very simple
    David> but very annoying issues. What's going on? Is this package
    David> orphaned? A Linux distrubtion without a working xemacs is
    David> not a serious Linux distribution.

I've used XEmacs on potato/sid for at least 18 months now with minor
problems. It's not orphaned, and it was updated at least once this
year in woody.

The maintainer has always responded to any issues I bought up, he
seems very friendly, and seems to read debian-emacsen infrequently.

Yes, a Linux distro without a working xemacs would not be a serious
distro in my book, but that ain't Debian ;-)

Cheers!
Shyamal