Re: .bashrc goofiness.

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 11:26, Steve Juranich wrote:
> When I log in to my user account, bash is not reading my .bashrc.  I've checked
> the permissions and ownership.  It's all as it should be.  However, when I log
> in as root, the /root/.bashrc is getting evaluated.
>
> Does anybody know what's going on?

See the manual page for bash under the section INVOCATION.  Your bashrc
should be evaluated if you invoke an interactive shell (login or xterm),
unless you pass the --norc or --rcfile arguments.

Perhaps bash is unable to determine if its input and output are attached
to a tty.  Do you have problems with /dev/pty or devfs?

-jwb