Re: SOLVED IT! Permissions and scsi cdrom?

On Fri, 5 Apr 2002, Cheryl Homiak wrote:

> I found the answer!
> Sg0 sg1, etc. for generic scsi, which get used somehow but aren't actually
> linked to scd0 and scd1 or /cdrom etc., has permissions that don't allow you to
> access them as a user. since sg0 and sg1 etc. don't belong to the cdrom group
> either, this doesn't help any. I changed my permissions for the relevant sg
> drives to 766 (actually, I think 666 would have been ok) and now abcde and
> cdparanoia work fine for me as a user.

you got it!

in my case, the device is sg3... chmodded it to 666 and made sure to
change the generic scsi device name in grip: config:rip.

thanks

--
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody+ximian)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!