Re: security updates for testing distibution

On Fri, Apr 05, 2002 at 07:28:54AM -0800, Andrew Agno wrote:
> Hanspeter Roth writes:
>  > But what about the testing distribution? Does it also get `implicit'
>  > security fixes by new versions?
>  > Or is it safer to stick with stable?
>
> Well, it follows the usual rules, so eventually things will filter
> down.  In the meantime, I believe you have to grab things from
> unstable.

Note that packages for which there have been an security fix in
unstable might not be installable in testing without upgrading (a lot
of) other packages to unstable, if you are unlucky.

So, for convenient security, stable is the way to go.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux emac140 2.4.17 #1 sön feb 10 20:21:22 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Hans Ekbrand