Re: Logitech Quickcam

"Sridhar M.A." <mas@uomphysics.net> writes:

> Is anyone using this camera and obtained proper colours? If so, can you
> provide some pointers to the same?

I'm using one with mod_quickcam.o and camE to run a webcam; you can
see the images at <http://genehack.com/images/webcam.jpg> (it updates
every minute). There are images with white balance, due to the fact
that the camera faces a large window; it doesn't seem to deal with
adjusting to the different amounts of background light very
well. Other than that, the colors are fine. I did have to modify the
camE config file to remove the color balance correction it was trying
to do; with the default values, I got snaps that were heavily
green-biased.

I also get the band of noise at the bottom of the xawtv screen, but I
think that's just because xawv opens the camera window with the wrong
size. Resizing to what the camera puts out makes that band go away.

john.
--
"One of the joys of being a kid is that experiences are new and
therefore more intense."  -Calvin sniffing mustard