Re: Adventures with ATI Rage 128 Pro and Debian Unstable

On Fri, 2002-04-05 at 01:15, Peter Whysall wrote:
<snip>
> PS. Anyone have any clues as to why the disk performance on this box is
> slow? This manifested itself on 2.2.19, 2.2.20, and 2.4.18. Very boggy
> at times.
I find all the debian kernel packages slow on my machine.  I think this
is because of how modularized they are.  Having to load up so many
modules may cause a slow down.  I always build my own kernel packages
with the make-kpkg provided by kernel-package  I think the kernels I
make on my own are much faster.  YMMV.

--
-Peace kid
  Scott Henson	shenson2@wvu.edu

"God's the ultimate playa, so naturally He's going to have some haters,"
rapper Ice Cube said. "But these haters need to realize that  if you
mess with the man upstairs, you will get your ass smote. True dat."