Re: MPEG video recorder

<quote who="csj">
> I'm looking for a software mpeg encoder that can produce synced
> audio/video from a bttv-compatible capture card. I'm presently using
> NVrec <http://www.ee.up.ac.za/~justin/v4l2> to record DivX ;-) movies
> from my VCR. But since DivX is largely a PC-based video format, I lose
> the bragging rights to say, Made proudly by GNU/Linux.

if you find something lemme know ..i looked for a long time(6+ months)
and never found anything. i use/used avicap from avifile to record
DivX. i have since stopped and purchased a Likko Electronics VDR2100
from lik-sang.com. Now i can make VCDs in real time, and i dont have
to worry about drivers or disk space or whatever. sofar burned about 150
vcds in a month and not a single problem.

i also bought a dreamcast VCD player and a portable vcd player.

nate