Re: Logitech Quickcam

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 09:16, Sridhar M.A. wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 04, 2002 at 03:04:38AM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
>    >
>    > I've been using mine on a 2.4.17 kernel for a few weeks now with no
>    > problems. Just compile your kernel with Video4Linux and USB support, and
>    > then get the appropriate drivers from http://qce-ga.sourceforge.net .
>    >
> What about the colour of the images? Are you happy with them? Though the
> image quality (sharpness) is better than that in the windoze, the
> colour/brightness is not good. Under gqcam, whatever I do with the
> controls, nothing affects the image :-(

The color is a bit washed out for me, but it's no worse than it was in
Windows. I've been using xawtv so far and everything works fine. Image
capture, movie capture, etc, all work. The only annoying thing is a
colored band at the bottom of the screen. It doesn't show up in pictures
but it's there when I'm viewing realtime output from the cam.

-Alex