newly installed "addressbook" problem

I just installed addressbook on my testing system, and I get the
following error message when trying to start:

tk>: addressbook &
[1] 4357
tk>: Error in startup script: can't read "index": no such variable
    (reading value of variable to increment)
    invoked from within
"incr index"
    (file "/usr/bin/addressbook" line 2236)

[1]+  Exit 1                  addressbook

any ideas about how to fix this?

Thanks for any help,

Tomasz

tk>: dpkg -l addressbook