Re: ATA Raid - hw

hi ya jeff

for a list of supported "ide chipsets"
	http://www.linux-ide.org/chipsets.html

for the ret of the hw lists
	http://www.1U-Raid5.net/HW/hw.txt

some who have done a sw vs hw raid comparason say
that sw raid is just as good for their app...
and save the costs of the $200 or $1,000 hw raid card

a promise ata-133 controller is $60 ??
and if you gonna use it.. you should have ata-133 drives...
	and you might need a ata-133 patch for some kernels

a promise/maxtor/siig ata-66/100 controller is $35 or less range

c ya
alvin