Re: apt-proxy woes

Hi Ross

On Tue, Apr 02, 2002 at 08:25:52PM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> I am trying to use apt-proxy at home so that I can share debs between my
> desktop and laptop.  However, when I run "dselect update" with my
> sources.list pointing at the proxy (which points at the UK mirrors), I
> get a list of packages which does not seem complete. In particular over
> time it seems to miss updates.  If I revert back to the UK mirrors
> directly I can see many new packages.

I had this problem at one point.  I had managed to get my cache directory in
a mess; I'm not sure whether it contained files with timestamps in the
future or whether some files were owned by the wrong user.  You can test out
that theory by temporarily moving the apt-proxy cache away and creating a
new one:

mv /var/cache/apt-proxy /var/cache/apt-proxy.temp
mkdir /var/cache/apt-proxy
chown aptproxy /var/cache/apt-proxy
rm /var/lib/apt/lists/*                          <--- clear apt's cache
apt-get update

If that does not help,  try checking a different mirror just in case the
rsyncd has a problem (unlikely I think).  You may also like to try the
newest version at http://apt-proxy.sourceforge.net/apt-proxy/unstable, which
will hit Debian unstable in a few days if no problems arise.

HTH,
Chris
--
Chris Halls | Frankfurt, Germany