Re: Galeon problems (unstable)?

>From "Karsten M. Self" <kmself@ix.netcom.com>, on Sun, Mar 31, 2002 at 03:02:14AM -0800:
> on Thu, Mar 28, 2002, Paul Smith (pausmith@nortelnetworks.com) wrote:
> > I've been using the galeon/mozilla-browser/mozilla-psm combo for about 6
> > months now and love it.  I'm always using the stuff out of unstable
> > although most of my system is Woody (I do it with apt-get -t unstable).
> >
> > However, on one of the three Debian boxes I use regularly I have this
> > very odd problem where text input boxes lose focus all by themselves
> > after about 30-40 seconds; I'll be typing away in a text box for example
> > and all of a sudden none of my characters are getting printed; I have to
> > click again with the mouse then it works for a while then loses focus
> > again.  This happens in any text entry box: URL, on a web page, even in
> > a basic authentication dialogue.
>
> Check for any open pages with a Meta-Refresh pragma.  This will grab
> focus from the current text dialog even if you don't loose window focus
> itself.  I've had to tune back a few of our network monitoring tools (or
> access them in a different browser) because of aggressive refresh
> frequencies.
>
> Peace.
>
> --
> Karsten M. Self <kmself@ix.netcom.com>           http://kmself.home.netcom.com/
---end quoted text---

It's strange.  For me I only have the focus problems in Mozilla, not
Galeon.  I'm pretty up to date in Unstable.

The symptom in Mozilla is that I lose the blinking text cursor in an
text box.  Switch to another window and back restores the text box's
focus.

I hadn't seen this until recently.  But I also recently switched to
fluxbox from WindowMaker.  So I was wondering if fluxbox was
triggering the glitch.

Cheers,
Steve

--