still stuck

hi

i am trying to get gnome back on my "woody" machine.  i purged the three
aps that were really stuck using dpkg. (large amounts of learning going
on)

all the gnome stuff that we purged last week (in order to get x running)
want to get re-installed (cuz the debs are sitting there)

i did an apt-get -f install and exerpt the following problem:

Unpacking libgnome-vfs-common (from
.../libgnome-vfs-common_1.0.5-1_i386.deb) ...
dpkg: error processing
/var/cache/apt/archives/libgnome-vfs-common_1.0.5-1_i386.deb (--unpack):
 trying to overwrite `/usr/lib/vfs/modules/libcdda.so', which is also in
package libgnome-vfs0
dpkg-deb: subprocess paste killed by signal (Broken pipe)
 /var/cache/apt/archives/libgnome-vfs-common_1.0.5-1_i386.deb
bilbo:~>>

now i have a big bunch of unpacked packages that have not been configured
and this one which is broken and probably not unpacked.

what to do next?

also, another problem:

i have all these debs on the machine, the result of 30 hours of
downloading.. i was reading posts about creating a local archive via
apt-move:

bilbo:~>> man apt-move
No manual entry for apt-move
bilbo:~>> apt-move -v
bash: apt-move: command not found

does this mean i am missing some big pieces?

thanks

dave

 --
Dave Mallery, K5EN  (r/h 7.2 krud; debian woody+ximian)
PO Box 520

no gates                     .~.
  no windows...              /V\
                            /( )\
running GNU/Linux           ^^-^^  (Linux TM Linus Torvalds)
  free at last!