Re: Logging transactions

On Sat, 2002-03-30 at 19:43, Tony Anand wrote:
Hi All,
I'm using Debian 2.2r5.  Is there some place that the input and output
that you see on the screen gets logged?
I'm trying to install some software from a cd-rom, and I get through
about 75% percent of the installation (15 screens full of information
that scrolls by pretty quickly), before I run into an error.
Is there some way for me to write this info to a log file for
troubleshooting, and still be able to see it on the screen?

You can use the command "script" to capture the screen output of an
entire session.  It is in a required package, so you should already have
it on your system.

     "But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace,
      patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness,
      gentleness, self control; against such there is no
      law."        Galatians 5:22,23