Logging transactions

Hi All,
I'm using Debian 2.2r5.  Is there some place that the input and output that you see on the screen gets logged?
I'm trying to install some software from a cd-rom, and I get through about 75% percent of the installation (15 screens full of information that scrolls by pretty quickly), before I run into an error.
Is there some way for me to write this info to a log file for troubleshooting, and still be able to see it on the screen?
Thanks,
Tony.

Join the world?s largest e-mail service with MSN Hotmail. Click Here
-- To UNSUBSCRIBE, email to debian-user-request@lists.debian.org with a subject of "unsubscribe". Trouble? Contact listmaster@lists.debian.org