Re: Printer Setup (hp 1100)

On Thu, 2002-03-28 at 14:14, Bill Moseley wrote:
> Before spending too much time reading dated docs, is their a current Debian-specific howto/doc on setting up printing?
>
> I installed magicfilter, and now looking at CUPS, but not sure if they can be used together - or if they conflict.
>
> Anyone using an HP1100 that can share their experience?

I have an HP1200 that I set up to work with CUPS.  I have a very
unofficial CUPS howto here:

http://stults.dyndns.org/~bs7452/linuxhelp/

It is a little heavy on instructions for printing via samba, but should
be helpful even if your printer is connected directly to the parallel
port (that's how my HP1200 is set up).

--

Brian J. Stults
Department of Sociology