Re: how to get Mesa/OpenGL to use direct rendering?

"Adam Majer" <adamm@galacticasoftware.com> writes:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2002 at 03:45:55PM -0600, Dan Griswold wrote:
> > I'd like to have X use the hardware acceleration of my video
> > card. Actually, it's not an extra card at all, but a Trident
> > CyberBlade/i1 built onto the mainboard. I do have the following
>
> You need the DRI module in the kernel. But I'm not even sure if
> there are drivers for your chipset. Probably not.

I was afraid that might be the case. However, I thought it might not,
because I found 1 reference on the web to an oem that had 3d hardware
acceleration going with this chipset. Of course, they had no
information posted on how they accomplished that. I sure hope that
there's a way to accomplish this. I'd hate to have to put a video card
in a box that already has one built in.

Dan

--