Re: Help with window manager now window sizing

On Sat, Mar 30, 2002 at 01:07:25PM +1200, Alan Shrimpton wrote:
> I still come up with large window sizes.  An example is:
> Control Center open and click on the Screensaver option and the window goes
> beyond the boundaries of my monitor.  I have to drag it around to get to the
> ok and cancel buttons.

This happens because the GTK+ layout manager needs that much space to
fit all the controls in. I think the resizing is very annoying, too. You
could try using smaller fonts or a larger resolution, so the crowded
windows will still fit.

Hm, I just tried to get the same resizing effect with the Control
Center, and I couldn't get it to do that. I've seen it in other
GTK+/Gnome apps, though.

--
Note that I use Debian version 3.0
Linux mus 2.4.17mvz4 #1 Fri Mar 15 23:30:15 CET 2002 i686 unknown

Matijs